Manager- Cyber Strategy
What will your typical day look like?
No two days will be the same. Your career in Deloitte will involve working across a wide range of clients and with a diverse range of colleagues, often from multiple geographies. You will help scope new work, take ownership of client delivery and support the mentoring and development of junior colleagues.
About the role
As a Manager based in Sydney you will lead work and teams on various cyber risk projects for our clients. This includes assessment activities, strategy development, cost modelling, designing of program and working with solution vendors. You will also be responsible for managing client relationships, executing and coordinating the delivery of work for multiple client accounts in accordance with Deloitte quality guidelines and methodologies and will assist in exploring new business opportunities for the firm.
Deloitte is a global network, which provides significant opportunity to work on clients and complex engagements that span multiple countries. For high performers (and beyond COVID-19 constraints), Deloitte can also offer international experience - and some of our previous hires now work on temporary secondment (or long-term) in Deloitte practices in Europe, USA and Asia.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- Be curious about technology and digitisation, and how this is impacting society, both in terms of benefits and negative impacts.
- Have experience of mentoring and managing other staff members
- Demonstrate good base knowledge and experience of cyber concepts and controls, ideally supported by relevant certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, Security+).
- Have the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Have knowledge of at least several of the emerging areas of the cyber field such as DevSecOps, cloud security, ransomware incident response, third-party risk management, supply-chain and operational technology.
- Understand the principles of risk management.
- Be able to write and communicate succinctly about cyber risk in plain English.
- Understand the challenges around implementing cyber controls and change in organisations.
- Ideally have some sector knowledge of the risks and regulation in one or more of the priority sectors for our practice: financial services, Federal Government, state government, mining, power, utilities, transport or manufacturing.
- Be a good listener who has empathy and able to ask the right questions.
- Treat everyone with respect and embrace diversity.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.