National_Chief Accountant - General Ledger
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Ensure accurate business reporting by adhering to robust closing activities.
- Ensures an accurate & timely month, quarter & year-end closing providing all necessary regular & irregular analysis.
- Maintaining the Chart of Accounts; ensure adequate and proper classification among accounts’ groups.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Ensure a clean & timely year end audit and assist with financial audits, prepare audit schedules and interface with auditors.
- Responsible to prepare and distribute timely, accurate financial statement and all Analytical reports related and non-related to the financial statements
- Participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or adhoc analyses as assigned.
- Ensure reconciliation of inter-company accounts and rectification of reconciling items.
- Ensure that all the financial transactions are properly accounted in the General Ledger and in the correct cost and profit centers.
- Handling intercompany cost allocations.
- Maintaining accurate revenue and cost recognition databases.
- Ensure all month-end entries are passed in the system like pre-payments, accruals etc.
- Monitoring bookings of tax entries especially VAT accounting.
- Ensure accurate reconciliations between subledgers and general ledger.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of Egyptian Accounting Standards and IFRS.
- Solid background of real estate sector accounting.
- Strong Tax accounting and filing experience is preferred.
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel, power point and WinWord.
- Strong understanding of setting up and organizing database and spread sheets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- SAP financial application experience preferred.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Additional Internal Information:
- Reports to:
You must have been an Al-Futtaim employee for at least 18 months in order to be considered.
You must inform your HRBP in confidence of your application.
Please note that this vacancy may be advertised externally in the next week so apply without delay.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.