Private Equity-Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate: Dublin & Kilkenny
Who we are looking for
The Senior Associate position is within the Private Equity & Real Estate Fund Services (PERA) Fund Accounting Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
The Senior Associate will interact with all levels of professionals, internally and externally. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the performance, supervision and direction, of the day-to-day accounting and administration for client sponsored investment funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Private Equity -Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and review the work performed by junior PERA Fund Accounting staff, in Ireland and other locations as applicable
- Manage internal workflows to ensure internal and client deadlines are met
- Manage expectations with client contacts
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial work papers; including portfolio schedules, accrual schedules, profit & loss schedules, and partner capital allocations
- Prepare and/or review investor capital call and distribution calculations; including the review of investor notices
- Process Fund Sub-Closes on accounting systems or accounting workpapers
- Prepare and/or review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Prepare and/or review quarterly management fee calculations, and other Fund calculations as applicable
- Prepare and/or review client related correspondence
- Coordinate annual audit with Fund Auditors
- Prepare and/or review Fund Waterfall calculations and partner capital account allocations
- Review Fund governing documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements and Offering Memoranda, to ensure consistency with accounting procedures and calculations in use
What we value
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Participate in ad-hoc client/internal projects as required
- Coordinate client deliverables, both with clients and internally, such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notice
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidates must have a University degree (an Accounting degree strongly preferred; Business, Mathematics, Finance or Economics degree required )
- Prior accounting system experience required
- Investran system experience desirable
- Private Equity, Private Debt, Hedge Fund or Real Estate experience desirable
- Previous Fund Accounting or corporate accounting experience, including supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel/MS Word/MS PowerPoint
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.