Assurance - Internal Audit Director - Financial Services
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
Due to the rapid growth of our Risk team, we currently have an opportunity for ambitious and highly motivated experienced professional with a proven track record in high quality delivery of client projects. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the management and delivery of projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- Your role will be to work with develop new clients as well as work with existing clients in identifying their relevant controls, processes and frameworks and recommend improvements in business processes and controls.
- You will have the ability to continuously develop your skills, taking a keen interest in trends in business processes and the impact on our clients.
- You will be required to demonstrate extensive project management skills related to projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
- You will be required to demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the firm.
- The role also requires working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client audits and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- The role includes wider responsibilities which will include collaborating with the engagement leader and manager of teams for agreeing budgets, communication of results and their impact on the overall project and making contributions to the final reporting.
- Prior experience in Big 4 (or equivalent) leading Internal Audit engagements with Financial Services clients
- Business development experience and the ability to bring ideas to PwC on how to develop the space further
- Significant recent experience within the Middle East (ideally the UAE) with Financial Services clients
- If not currently working in Big 4 (or equivalent) then we would consider a senior internal auditor within a financial services institution, if you have previous experience as a consultant within the Big 4 (or equivalent)
- Management experience leading multiple personnel at different levels on complex engagements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university, advantageous if risk, resilience or related discipline.
- A professional qualification is mandatory:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) - IDEALLY
- Agile Project Management (Agile PM)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Risk Management Professional (RMP)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- ACCA Chartered Accountant
- Years of Experience: Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 40%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.