Team Lead - Operational Risk Controller #185622
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The CFO Operational Risk and Control (ORC) – Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance (RRQA) team acts as the 2nd Line of Defense to ensure an effective control environment over the Regulatory Reporting production and filing process across Credit Suisse departments. RRF is one of the key control programs of the bank covering over 3000 reports and playing a pivotal role in the overall regulatory reporting control environment having direct impact on both internal and external partners of Credit Suisse. RRQA function is responsible for periodically monitoring and testing the controls surrounding the preparation and filing of regulatory reports in accordance with the risk assessment framework to ensure completeness and accuracy. The team operates independently of the day-to-day regulatory report preparation process.
As a team lead your responsibility would be to:
- Supervise the team members in executing the RRQA plan and ensuring the QAR activities are performed as required and inline with the methodology which includes process walkthrough meetings with Reporting team and Data Providers, gaining an understanding of the controls over reporting process and assessing the adequacy of the same, performing sample/ transaction testing, compliance against regulatory requirements on test check, etc
- Ensure the QAR plan is monitored and tracked and is closed within the prescribed timelines
- Review the work that has been performed including, applicable report procedures, work papers, processes and controls documenting and advancing any identified issues/gaps as part of QARs.
- Review, the analyzed and documented testing results in the QAR report. Conduct subsequent follow ups on those issues/recommendations that where formally raised as a result of the QAR and ensure these are satisfactorily remediated
- Prepare and be responsible for certain sections within the Global RRF STC packs on a monthly basis and also provide inputs to the Regional RRF STC forums to ensure adherence to required Governance levels
- Actively participate and drive certain projects to be carried out on the improvement of the Regulatory Reporting framework that includes aspects related to Overall Governance, Key Controls Documentation, Thematic reviews, Data Governance, Policy enhancement, Risk Appetite etc
- Liaise with Multiple senior partners globally including CRO, CCO, APAC BPS/PB, LEF, GF (BMR/LMR/FMAR teams) in driving the framework improvements
- Perform a read-across with other policies and Global control programs to ensure standardized and robust Enhancements
- Drive projects on building dashboards, improve and expand the Monitoring metrics suited for various types of partners including data providers. Further, liaise with IT teams to establish a well-articulated business requirement as well as ensure appropriate execution
- Participate in the Regional RRF STC meetings and work around actions therefrom
- Review issues reported by the reporting team and identify root cause, analyze the robustness of remediation plan and prepare a summary for monthly reporting and ensure the impact rating provided on the issues raised is appropriately rationalized
- Provide regional support in the regulatory framework by addressing exceptions within reporting inventory tool, follow-ups for periodic signs of various forms within the inventory tool, annual attestation, etc.
The team is result-oriented, dedicated, hardworking and used to work independently as well as collaboratively. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant with 12+ years of proven experience in Internal/External Audit function with preferred experience in Big4 or banking/financial services industry
- Proven background and understanding of banking controls and the financial services industry is essential
- Outstanding analytical skills as well as attention to details
- Strong communication and partner management skills, especially since the role warrants liaising with very senior management across divisions and departments
- Ability to influence senior management and senior partners with quality assurance related recommendations
- Ability to undertake projects and drive them to conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines by organizing, prioritizing, and having the skill to multi-task
- The proven ability to rise to many different challenges that the job may throw up; make steps to problem solve, act appropriately, responsibly and mitigate risks at all stages
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employerFind a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.