Corporate Finance - Financial Analysis – Finance Operations Analyst
- Financial Data Analysis & Integrity: Understand workflow, data flow, financial reporting concepts/consumption/calculations/aggregations, application design and data drill-through/analysis in order to troubleshoot issues and ensure that book of record for financial plan/forecast is complete and accurate (control-compliant approach).
- Run Book Management: Execution on the monthly run book which includes all steps taken to ensure environment readiness and fit-for-use financial information on behalf of consumers as per agreed upon timeline.
- Data Sourcing: Interaction with data provider surrounding SLA enforcement, issue resolution, error research, data reconciliation, etc.
- Issue Monitoring, Tracking and Resolution: Ownership and oversight of client or process incident tracking on a daily basis including driving enforcement of governance, production of metrics to enable management of application performance delivery. The individual in this role will monitor issue metrics and prepare root cause analysis to identify and implement steps to reduce inquiry/issue occurrence and manage the monthly reconciliation process between controlling systems. This process includes identifying, explaining, and assessing key performance metrics as well as data quality issues.
- Process Improvement: Identify, analyse, and lead process improvements on a continual basis.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Finance/Accounting/IT/Mathematics,
- 2+ years of professional experience in Finance/Accounting/Controlling/Operations/MIS,
- Candidate must have experience working with a global team for approx. 1 plus years,
- Technical proficiencies (SQL, VBA, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, Xceptor) are an advantage,
- Business analysis experience and passion for technology considered a plus.
- Very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills,
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business knowledge,
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives with tight timelines while keeping key senior stakeholders and technology and operations partners appropriately updated,
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff,
- Ability to work independently in a fast moving environment,
- High proficiency of Microsoft Office Product Suite, including Excel, Access, SharePoint,
- Client-centric and team player,
- Knowledge of Agile project management considered a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.