Government and Public Sector-Technology Risk-Senior-St. Louis
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world. The opportunity When you're on our GPS team, you'll have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In GPS, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based and competency-driven. That's what differentiates EY GPS in the government marketplace. As a member of our GPS team, you will join a talented group of professionals serving in key roles advising U.S. federal agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and Technology Risk. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with defense and national security, civilian, health, and international agencies. Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world? Your key responsibilities As a member of our Technology Risk (IT Audit) team, you will serve as a key resource in delivering quality client services on financial statement audits, attestation engagements and IT control projects. You will conduct research as needed, assist in the testing of IT general and application controls, prepare for and potentially lead client meetings, establish relationships with client personnel at the appropriate levels, and deepen sector and client knowledge. Some key capabilities you should be prepared to bring to client-facing and internal teams include:
- Demonstrate working knowledge and aptitude in our key capabilities for example, IT general and application controls, risk management, information security, and information assurance
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Collaborate among team members; promote an inclusive working environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Information Technology or closely related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
- 3+ years of relevant experience in information assurance, information security, risk management, IT and application controls, leading standards (e.g., COSO, ERM, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST), IT technologies (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Oracle, Mainframe, SAP), preparing written or verbal materials, and assisting with presenting project results to clients
- Participated in relevant audit/control testing engagement (e.g., CFO Act/FISCAM, OMB Circular A-123 internal control over financial reporting/Systems (ICOFR/ICOFS)
- assessments, audit readiness (DOD FIAR), ATC-320 SOC-1 Examinations (SSAE-18), and FISMA security reviews/implementations
- Possess an understanding of IT technical security controls (e.g. NIST 800 series requirements, DOD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)), FIPS guidance, and Federal IT audit/examination methodologies (e.g. GAO FISCAM, Financial Audit Manual (FAM), and NIST RMF Assessment and Authorization)
- Experience in completing Control testing over financial system controls compliance, IT general and application controls, and information assurance controls in areas of information assurance, access control, change control, segregation of duties and disaster recovery
- The Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred
- Experience working on large, complex engagements within the Government and Public Sector.
- Worked in a Big Four, global management consulting firm or blue-chip company, preferably with a government and public sector focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred Certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.