Consulting - Capital Markets Services - Senior Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We’ve delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview
Due to the rapid growth of our Capital Markets team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from a Senior Manager with experience of working on Capital Market projects and in finance (ACA preferred). Key areas required in the experience are IPO readiness, IPO reporting accountant work on GCC/US/UK IPOs and comfort letter work on bond projects. Any IFRS accounting advisory experience would be a plus but optional.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, team management of up to 6-7 people, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- You will be expected to actively support the Director in working on business development in identifying and converting new opportunities across the region for capital markets work.
- Demonstrate where the candidate has a proven business development track record.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Capital Markets regulations, global IPOs, regional GCC IPOs and other related capital markets developments and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the capital markets area including a thorough understanding of UK/US/European comfort letter process on ECM/DCM deals, US IPO/SPAC transactions UK/GCC IPO reporting accountant diligence process.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Working with PwC teams in the UK/US on capital market transactions involving those jurisdictions.
- As a Senior Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s Capital Markets team within our CMAAS Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital market projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting, Finance etc.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role but not must (any legal qualification that could support in capital markets work)
- Years of Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience working in the Capital Markets team of an accounting firm such as the big four supplemented by initial experience on accounting/auditing projects.
- Currently working as an experienced Manager or Senior Manager in an accounting firm’s capital markets team.
- In-depth understanding of UK listing rules, GCC listing rules (particularly UAE and KSA), SAS 72 rules and ICMA rules. Knowledge of SEC rules and European PD rules would be a plus.
- Implementation experience: IPO readiness and IPO remediation projects focusing on supporting companies with financial reporting, governance and IPO execution such as FPPP and working capital reporting.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- In addition to expected skills around MS word, PowerPoint, excel etc, any skills around digital tools such as Altryx, Power BI etc would be a plus.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English (Bilingual multilingual Arabic speaking is a plus).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.