Hiring CA Fresher - Associate - Fund Accounting - Bangalore
The Manager will work very closely with Account Managers of Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) in ensuring proper NAV calculation of their hedge fund clients. They will also act on various requests made by the clients to update their portfolios on Morgan Stanley Portfolio Accounting (MSPA). MSPA is the accounting/reporting system of MSFS. The analyst will also interact with the Account Manager to review accounting and performance-related issues.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to World’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has over 700 professional with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Glasgow.
- Provide Accounting solutions to Hedge Funds for independent valuation, investor transparency, and regulatory compliance.
- Calculation of daily NAV.
- Review MSPA to custodian reconciliations. Identify and determine cause. Notify Account Manager of breaks. If break is due to an erroneous or missing transaction in MSPA then make necessary adjustments.
- Perform middle office functions including P&L analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of FX transfers required for funding, checking client’s contributions & redemptions, etc.
- Review general ledger exceptions. Identify the cause and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify performance by reviewing large P&L swings and analyzing income/expense journals for validity.
- Adjust activity as necessary for performance (MSPM) processing and reporting.
- Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security-related accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
- Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
- Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
- Validate and process corporate action data.
- Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation of financial statements.
- Assistance with compliance functions.
Responsibilities as a Manager/Sr Manager
- Day-to-day supervision of direct reports in the team.
- Grooming team members.
- Training on clients and processes and troubleshooting/problem solving
- Assisting team members to meet their objectives; provide them with constructive & timely feedback.
- Playing an important role in the appraisal process of goal setting, mid-year and year-end performance appraisal for the team
- Timely escalation of issues to the senior management.
- Identifying training needs for the team members (Functional as well as Soft Skills)
- Ensuring that individual team members are aware of the policies, controls, and procedures that apply to their role.
- Ensuring that the team has appropriate backup in place to manage leaves.
- Formulating the necessary controls in clients and processes to ensure efficient and error-free client deliverables.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.