Assistant Manager, Governance, Regulatory and Compliance
Vistra is looking to recruit an Assistant Manager, Governance Regulatory and Compliance based in Jersey. To directly provide and/or co-ordinate a range of specialist services to support Vistra’s Clients in adherence with key Governance, Regulatory and Compliance standards in Jersey and internationally. Primary duties will include Compliance monitoring program, Business Risk Assessments, support with effective Governance, including oversight and reporting of effectiveness of internal systems and controls as well as co-ordination of Statutory Compliance/Reporting services delivered through a combination of Vistra’s Global Centres of Excellence and Jersey Office.
• To ensure comprehensive Governance, Regulatory and Compliance (GRC) arrangements are in place in accordance with Jersey Financial Services legislation framework primarily focusing on, Substance, Corporate Governance standards and regulated activities: Trust Company Business (TCB), Fund Services Business (FSB) and Money Service Business (MSB).
• Support with completion of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (“CMP”) including Business Risk Assessment (BRA)
• Assist with defining strategy and developing policies, procedures and controls to ensure robust arrangements for compliance with appropriate law and regulatory standards.
• Interpret and disseminate information about regulatory changes and adapt procedures, documents and compliance tools to accommodate these rule changes in relation to TCB/FSB and MSB.
• Manage relevant projects for clients when required
• Manage certain key aspects of the relevant regulated persons’ relationships with the JFSC in liaison with the Head of Compliance/Key Person. Submission of necessary ad hoc reports and regular periodic reports.
• Maintain oversight of the various registers as required by the JFSC and other regulators as appropriate
• Ensure all mandatory regulatory returns and notifications are made in a timely manner.
• Work client Boards/Senior Management in the ongoing development of the company’s risk-based monitoring programme and internal operating procedures and make recommendations for improvements in the manner in which compliance is achieved
• Comply with all regulatory and AML/CFT requirements
• Comply with all Group policies and procedures relevant to the role
• Report suspicious transactions to the MLRO or equivalent duly designated person
Relevant Experience & Skills
• Proven experience in dealing with JFSC on Compliance issues within a regulated activity and a thorough knowledge of the application legislation and regulations
• Ability to develop strong relationships with clients, intermediaries and colleagues
• People management skills
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, demonstrate responsiveness, provide a proactive approach to work and take initiative
• Team player
• Intermediate Microsoft office skills
Qualification, skills and attributes:
• JFSC Category B, Table 4/ 5 qualification or equivalent
• Three to Five years’ experience working in a regulated environment of which at least three years within Compliance, Risk of Governance positions.
To succeed and enjoy the role:
• Resilient, ability to challenge and push back when appropriate
• A natural flair in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, personable, client centric
• Able to work with little processes, policies and in a complex matrix (department and Vistra going through a tremendous amount of change and improvement)
• Appetite to learn and a flexible can-do attitude
• Technical astute, and a passion for learning
Vistra (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission’