Senior Tax Transactions Advisor, Leeds - Open to Flexible Working
Transaction Tax works with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong network of Transaction Tax teams around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you’ll apply your skills to a variety of transactions. With a truly entrepreneurial spirit there is the flexibility to shape your career in particular sectors or areas of the M&A landscape or to get experience across the spectrum.
The Core Transaction Tax team deals with the world’s largest private equity and corporate clients as well as specifically focussing on the areas of the M&A market that are developing the quickest. Our flexibility and speed to market means that we have grown strongly despite the pandemic. To take advantage of the current opportunities in the market we need to continue to recruit the best talent.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all the core areas of transactional work – including private equity, corporate deals, infrastructure, clean-tech, distressed debt / turnaround transactions and restructuring. As deal advisers, Transaction Tax team members not only get good UK tax technical experience but also get a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a deal context. As a large part of TT work is cross-border, you will also have an early introduction to international structuring techniques and overseas tax regimes.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business focused approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience
- You’ll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA / qualified lawyer (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working on International Tax projects
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here: https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.