Global Finance Support Centre (GFSC) Senior Analyst (perm)
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people come together to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success and growth in Ireland. Partnership is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world. Apple’s Global Finance Support Centre (GFSC) is a centralised organisation that supports Apple’s Global Business Solutions sites around the world. This role is located in Cork to cover technical production support for SAP and other finance systems.
- Broad understanding of SAP both from a functional and technical perspective - specially related to P2P, O2C and R2R finance functions Natural curiosity for problem solving and strong desire to understand root cause of issuesPossess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate technical information to non-technical Finance usersLeadership, strong business partnering skills and ability to build relationships with multi-functional and global partnersStrong analytical, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple task simultaneously, working independently in a fast paced environmentProven track record of resolving issues independently and constructively, with minimal partner concernFlexibility with working hours to support global and close-related issues required
- Work with GFSC global management team and execute on strategic direction to globally standardise and document GFSC process/procedures, operational metrics and reporting
- Manage relationships with business partners and the global GFSC team to ensure Follow the Sun process is being executed, and the benefits of the process are being shared and acted upon daily.
- Help and facilitate discussions with a broad variety of business partners to identify and improve process issues, driving customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical production support for finance systems, financial close operational support and master data management
- Engage with business users and partner with IS&T to identify root cause and resolve issues related to SAP and other finance systems
- Partner with finance users and IS&T to own an end-to-end enhancement request process
- Provide SAP consultation and training to finance users whenever technical inputs are required on key FI/SD/MM processes in projects and operations.
- Support monthly financial close including recurring close activities
- Bachelor degree
- CA / CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years of SAP FICO consulting, implementation or production support experience, preferably at a multi-national company
- Knowledge on FI/SD and FI/MM integration will be a plus.
- Certifications in SAP and Project Management desirable