Senior Manager - Financial Services - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Multiple Locations)
1 day left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
SENIOR MANAGER - FINANCIAL SERVICES - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING ADVISORY SERVICES (MULTIPLE LOCATIONS) - NEW YORK (PRIMARY), BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, MCLEAN, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, JERICHO, SECAUCUS, HOBOKEN, ISELIN, STAMFORD
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
We are seeking a driven and ambitious Senior Manager to join this exciting and fast-growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and enhancing existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience through high profile engagements. In return for helping us to build a better working world, you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead and participate in multiple engagement teams within Financial Accounting Advisory Services
- Lead and participate in multiple engagement teams as a senior firm executive within Financial Accounting Advisory Services
- Collaborate with the partner and client to determine a strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables
- Ensure that the Financial Accounting Advisory engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends and industry developments
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery
- Oversee engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models
- Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues
- Participate in sales of new Financial Accounting Advisory Services work
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Generate new business opportunities by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Coach and develop people by sharing knowledge with team members and helping team members attain experiences that cultivate technical competencies.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/on-the-job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA license in your work state
- At least 8 years of related work experience in audit field for insurance, banking or asset management industries.
- Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge
Ideally you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in financial services in the US.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.