Indirect Tax Transformation - Senior Manager (Open to Flexible Working)
2 days left
- Experience level
Our high-profile VAT Transformation team based primarily within our London in the UK focus on assisting clients with transformation programmes and the operational management of VAT. This includes helping clients react to and adjust their VAT management approach as a result of the global trend towards tax authority digitisation. They advise clients on awide range of operational, systems and technology projects, including ERP system VAT optimisation, process, controls and supply chain, whilst also working with innovative technologies including machine learning and robotics.
The indirect tax transformation team works with a variety of organisations across all sectors. The business has been growing year on year and in order to seize the opportunities available in the market, the team requires new talent.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s special is indirect tax transformation team. The team advise our largest clients on all aspects of VAT transformation and operational management, from systems optimisation projects (e.g. SAP, Oracle and MSFT) to process reviews to leading practice VAT reporting and technology solutions. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax practice, working across the UK but on multi-country and often global projects. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with significant multinational clients and to engage with our global EY network, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As a tax professional at EY, you'll gain the technical knowledge and industry experience you need to help clients manage their tax obligations effectively and enhance their financial performance. In turn, we'll help you achieve your potential by giving you business advisory experience and professional development. Our senior tax professionals will support you throughout your career, helping you to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
Your key responsibilities:
- Key member of the VAT Transformation team, delivering high quality projects and advice to our clients
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and growing your network
- Contribute to winning new work by supporting the business development and sales process, working with VAT client relationship owners
- Manage the successful deliveryof VAT transformation projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach taken
- Support the development of new propositions, including liaising with our IT resources on the creation of new technology solutions
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client projects
Skills and attributes for success:
- Manager or Senior Manager resource to support projects across the spectrum outlined above
- Consulting background preferable – used to interacting with clients and working on large-scale projects
- Solid generalist VAT background – compliance and supply chain would be preferable
- Ideally some experience around ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, MSFT Dynamics, or other ERP systems), technology, data and processes
- Proven high quality delivery
- Role will include BD as well as client delivery
- Self-starter, good time manager and able to deal with complexity and competing priorities
- Good communicator and client relationship experience
- Team player
To qualify for the role you must have:
- VAT experience
- Experience across the following areas: systems, technology, data, processes/controls
- Ideally experience of working for a consultancy business (Big 4 or other)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.”
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.