Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - Tax Credit Investment Advisory Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SERVICES SENIOR - FINANCIAL SERVICES ORGANIZATION - TAX CREDIT INVESTMENT ADVISORY SERVICES - NEW YORK, NY; HOBOKEN, NJ; BOSTON, MA; ATLANTA, GA; CHICAGO, IL; DALLAS, TX; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; LOS ANGELES, CA
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
As a Tax Senior, you'll see firsthand the financial services industry by being immersed in credits and incentives projects through a diverse set of experiences in serving banking, capital markets, insurance and wealth and asset management clients.
Your key responsibilities
It's fair to say there's no average day for a Credits and Incentives Tax Senior – so you're likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you're working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice they can always rely on. To make that happen, you'll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
- Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients
- Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
- Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
- Researching our clients' business operations and building long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs
- Working with a motivated team of professionals
- Understanding of the economic development environment, programs and incentives process
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
- A CPA, licensed Attorney or a certified member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation or the ability to achieve one of the credentials
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Professional knowledge in a broad range of state and local Credits and Incentives tax processes, concepts and tools
- A proven record of excellence in a professional services, economic development or tax organization
- Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
Ideally you'll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment or in-house experience in the financial services industry
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.