Strategy and Transactions- EY Parthenon- Turnaround and Restructuring- Director (open location)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. In Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Turnaround and Restructuring professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our Turnaround and Restructuring team is fully integrated both within our wider Strategy & Transactions practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director, you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with under performance, or looking to improve cash management. You'll work to prepare comprehensive financial reviews of company's operations, attend legal proceedings, engage in judicial management, support liquidation processes as well as advise clients on corporate risk management issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - lead project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development - drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- People Development - coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience interacting with client c-suite and senior management teams to understand and evaluate key business issues including liquidity position, cash flow needs, and potential financial and operational challenges.
- Experience identifying data to prepare detailed complex financial analyses, including 13-week cash flow models, to understand the client’s liquidity positions, cash flow needs and financial viability.
- Experience in developing financial and operational strategies to affect a financial and/or operational turnaround to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return.
- Strong financial modeling skills including the ability to create robust and flexible financial models based on client’s financial and operational information to drive key decisions and strategies.
- Able to work under high pressure and adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Ideally you'll also have
- Auditing/ corporate restructuring experience.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.