Consultant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under NTI’s administration.
- Liaison with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable, including Central Bank returns.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met in relation to the Funds under administration.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Corporate Actions, Control, Accounts and Fund Managers.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry is a distinct advantage, financial reporting background an advantage.
- An appreciation of accounting principles is essential, the candidate will be a qualified accountant or part qualified and interested in completing their qualification.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One and/or Sun advantageous.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.