Associate / Senior Associate - Investigation and Compliance, Forensics and Integrity Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Join our team and be part of the team that helps clients achieve their Integrity agenda. You’ll will also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored counselling.
We are looking for a Senior Associate from Investigation and Compliance to be part of our globally connected and culturally aligned Forensic & Integrity team.
Your key responsibilities
- Work on engagements alone or with teams on matters related to white collar crimes, fraud investigations, Corporate compliance and Ethics, forensic accounting and financial and economic damages analyses.
- Review working papers prepared by staff. Assist your manager in preparing work plans and review electronic data, accounting, financial and non-financial records
- Identify and resolve issues on your engagements to the satisfaction of your manager, demonstrating a broad technical skillset.
- Prepare various analysis that will be part of client deliverables. Work on client deliverables
- Interact with client personnel and participate in meetings.
- Coach staff and contribute to the knowledge sharing culture of the team.
- Work effectively as a team member taking ownership of your work and communicate with managers on a timely basis, consulting where appropriate to resolve any issues. Provide meaningful suggestions and ideas.
- Support Sales and marketing initiatives including pursuits and events to increase the profile of the practice and the firm.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop professional skills. Achieve your professional certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), etc.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re interested in individuals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 2-4 years of work experience
- Professional accountancy or other financial qualification such as ICA, CFE or CAMS.
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and related financial/ non-financial information
- Experience of reviewing and providing recommendations on policy, procedure and internal controls
- Participated in investigations and having basic understanding of relevant concepts (evidence preservation and collection, data privacy, legal privilege, investigative interviewing, business intelligence)
- Understanding of Fraud prevention including fraud risk assessments and compliance program development
- Awareness and basic understanding of regulatory environment in relation of Fraud, including corruption
Ideally you will also have
- Worked on investigations and forensic reviews including documentation, disclosures required by local laws and regulations and e-discovery
- Prepared forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
What we look for
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
- Strong communication skills and command over spoken and written English. Knowledge of another Asian language is valued, but not a requirement
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Working with EY Forensics will involve travel. You should be willing to travel on work, sometimes on a very short notice.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.