Service Delivery Center- Technology Risk - Staff - San Antonio
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology Risk provides assessment and attestation services to help companies and decision-makers attain confidence in understanding and managing business risks related to technology in the. Business and technology are converging rapidly. With technology becoming the business of every company, understanding and managing technology risk is critical to a company’s success. The ability to understand these risks and bridge the knowledge gap that often exists between business and technology is the core strength of Technology Risk professionals. Technology Risk helps companies achieve sustainable growth by supporting their efforts to protect business performance, and by providing trusted communications on internal control and regulatory compliance to investors, management, regulators, customers and other stakeholders.
The Service Delivery Center is an integral component of the Risk practice. The Service Delivery Center professionals are high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our region-based Risk professionals to deliver assessment and attestation services, such as financial statement audits, internal audits, internal control testing, system and organization control reporting and other advisory projects, to help companies:
- Create trust and confidence in financial reporting
- Provide trusted communications and assurance on internal control or related to regulatory compliance to customers, alliances, strategic partners, governments and authorities
- Meet evolving regulatory and compliance requirements
- See the big picture related to technology risks
- Identify, improve and respond to risks from advances in technology
- Build trust in new technology products and services from the outset
- Undertake proactive technology risk mitigation
Control compliance costs
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Understand and apply fundamental risk management principles
- Develop an understanding of clients’ business and IT environment
- Assist with collecting information to gain an understanding and document clients’ business and IT-related processes, risks and controls
- Create business and IT-related process, risk and control documentation based on information collected from clients in accordance with EY methodology
- Assist with performing analysis, identifying potential issues, summarizing and documenting results and observations
- Assist with applying relevant audit and technology concepts to client situations and making recommendations and suggestions for improvements in clients’ processes and controls
- Assist with monitoring project progress and risks and updating key stakeholders on progress and expected outcomes
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery teammates and region-based professionals to help ensure timely and efficient completion of projects
- Stay informed of the current technology developments relevant to clients’ business, professional standards and relevant EY methodology
Use EY technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of projects
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and personal organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify and communicate barriers, and follow up on open issues
- Ability to understand, document and analyze business and IT-related processes and assist with problem solving
- Ability to work with business and technology concepts
- Flexibility and ability to work with a distributed team
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Ability to become proficient with MS Visio and EY proprietary technology
- Excellent English language skills – both written and verbal
Travel may be required up to 10% of your time
A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in general business, accounting, finance, economics, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, within industry, or in a related job competency
- Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following competencies: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal control or operational audits; (c) System and Organization Controls Reporting; and/or (d) application security and control reviews
Ability to progress towards achieving a relevant certification
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.