Tax Transactions Manager - Open to Flexible Working
3 days left
- Experience level
The ITTS team at EY is unique in having all transaction specialists in one place. The team includes Corporate and Private Equity deal specialists, in addition to Restructuring and Fund/Management structuring specialists. This provides the team with a natural hedge against market turbulence with focus shifting between areas as the economic cycle develops, which also creates a greater degree of job security.
The Restructuring tax team, within ITTS, is a diverse team that’s leverages different backgrounds and specialises in legal entity rationalisation, working capital solutions, contingency planning, debt restructuring, independent business reviews, loan to own as well as formal insolvency including high-profile, newsworthy deals. They work with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong EY Restructuring tax network around the world.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all areas of restructuring work – including corporate restructuring deals, distressed debt and turnaround transactions.
As deal advisers, ITTS team members not only get good UK tax technical experience but also get a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a restructuring context.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business focused approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
- Client focused and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Develop junior staff through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experienced UK tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in Restructuring Tax
- ACA/ATT/CTA or international equivalent / Law qualification
- Degree qualified
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
- Experience in UK tax compliance
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here: https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Apply now.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.