Global Account Coordinator, Global Compliance and Reporting Team, EY, Belfast
Who are Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR)?
Tax touches every aspect of our lives and is one of the largest items of expense any organisation or individual has to consider. On top of that, current issues such as the reform of international taxation, tax transparency, and the way in which we and our clients are using disruptive technology means that there has never been a more exciting time to start a career in GCR.
We are experiencing a growing demand from our clients to enhance governance and risk management across all areas of tax. To support this increasing market demand, we are now recruiting a team of Global Account Coordinators in Belfast. As part of this role you will work with a number of multi-national corporate clients (typically FTSE 100 or Fortune 500) helping them address a wide range of tax compliance, tax risk and reporting issues.
The GCR Global Services team works closely with colleagues around the world and with other service lines within EY such as Advisory and Assurance. From the moment you join, you will have exposure to senior professionals from a range of service lines and regions within in the firm as this fast growing sub service line continues to expand their team.
Your key responsibilities
Skills & attributes for success
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team – GCR – within EY. The role will be client focused but based in the Belfast Delivery Centre.
Successful candidates will ideally have a strong affinity with problem solving and project management, and will enjoy beingstimulated in a dynamic, team environment. Responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with key EY and client stakeholders
- Effectively capturing and updating contracts with amendments to the core scope of work
- Taking ownership for specific service delivery projects: including managing progress, updating stakeholders & team members, ensuring completion in line with target deadline and managing issues.
- Responsible for operational/service delivery issues with local client & EY teams, including logging client issues, drawing up actions plans for stakeholders and updating key stakeholders on progress.
- Supporting regional or global contract managers through organising contract review calls, gathering data for contract managers and coordinating the Change Request Notes (CRNs) and out-of-scope (OOS) requests on central logs.
- Initiating day-to-day calls with clients to discuss status and routine issues
- Assisting with fee quotes and proposals
- Escalating scope, fee or service failure issues to the contact managers
- Coaching and working with our Engagement Management Services team in Bangalore who provide process support for some activities
- Overseeing the maintenance of EY’s technology tools used by our clients to track and monitor their global compliance status and to store confidential data relating to the client engagement
- Client invoicing and budget reviews
To qualify for the role you must have
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the team
- A dedication to teamwork
- Desire to learn and develop into the role
- Drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional and professional skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst managing key stakeholder expectations
Ideally you'll also have:
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we look for:
EY looks for people who are innovative, team players and who are striving to improve their skills and knowledge.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.