International Tax Manager - Manchester / Leeds - Open to flexible working
International Tax Manager - Open to flexible working
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our International Tax Services (ITS) team, who recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. You will be working with some of the largest corporations in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals. Working within our ITS Practice focusing on the Core offering (Product & Services and Telecoms, media & Technology).
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working withK / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service and business understanding
- Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
- Identifying and driving opportunities – use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships– commit to developing and using your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
- Develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Client focused and commercially aware
- International and UK tax technical skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Good business acumen with ability to manage engagement financial results
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
- Change orientated and innovative with flexible approach to ways of working and adoption of new technologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
- Experience of Managing a team and/or coaching and developing more junior team members
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical understanding by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in specialist training and offer you opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop your tax career.
As an International Tax Manager with EY you’ll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base including smaller inbound clients through to the world’s largest multinationals.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be sure you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.