Manager, Accounts Payable
3 days left
- Experience level
The Manager, Accounts Payable role is responsible for supporting and driving the global accounts payable strategy, including future ready processes, tools and team skills, as well as compliance and operational functions for the Northern Trust Company and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Global Procure to Pay. Job focus is on managing others and applying operational and strategic management skills. The Manager, Accounts Payable will lead and project manage the timely and cost effective execution of new processes and technologies while leveraging change management best practices. The role will also support the operational departments with financial information and analytical support on an as-needed basis. Management responsibilities and decisions include hiring, performance reviews, pay decisions and development.
1. Ability to convert strategic vision into actionable initiatives and execute in a structured manner.
2. Knowledge on mapping end to end processes and setting up governance and self-service reporting mechanisms for AP related to the following:
- Operational metrics and key performance indicators
- Tax, statutory and regulatory
- Business insights
3. Big picture understanding and ability to execute on key automation and cost saving initiatives.
4. Successful at building strong working relationships across business units and building an approach to improving customer experience.
5. Understands needs of customers. Identifies areas of improvement for accounts payable and Northern Trust business units. Identifies and coordinates resources to meet customer needs. Acts as a point of contact with external vendors involved with the company.
6. Represents Accounts Payable at key meetings. Leads special projects. Prepares and delivers presentations to senior leaders and large audiences.
7. Ensures Accounts Payable owned accounts are reconciled and kept in accordance with accounting policies and guidelines. Supports all audit reviews (internal, external, SOX).
8. Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity to global staff, partners and suppliers. Facilitates a positive team atmosphere within Accounts Payable and respective departments. Provides leadership by supporting and motivating staff.
9. Responsible for management and development of the staff. Reviews and approves work performed by the Accounts Payable staff. Conducts staff performance appraisals.
- Proven track record for the successful implementation of business change initiatives
- Ability to understand how own area integrates with other areas of the business to achieve departmental objectives.
- Leadership and organizational skills to guide and influence others internally and/or externally to support transformation initiatives
- Good understanding of US tax assessment and reporting processes for 1099, 1042 and Sales & Use.
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and analytical skills
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.