Tax Technology and Transformation Team - Manager
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our high profile, Tax Technology and Transformation (“TTT”) team based in Dublin focus on assisting clients with tax and finance transformation programs and the operational management of taxes. In the team you’ll get the opportunity to help our clients manage the strategic as well as practical, everyday issues of operating and improving the performance of their tax and finance departments by advising on process improvements; data management; implementation of tax software systems and building tax requirements into ERP’s and other financial reporting software.
This is a significant area of growth for EY’s Tax practice, and as a result, we are looking to expand the team through the recruitment of high achieving individual.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive and embed performance improvement in global tax functions
- Drive efficiencies through automation and enablement of technology for Tax and Finance functions
- Develop tax technology plans with goals, build and deployment strategies and performance measurements for our clients
- Manage a variety of client projects, from working on tax operating model design to deploying the latest AI tools for client tax processes
- Embedding and sustaining tax data quality standards in financial system to enhance tax processes, operations and effectiveness
- Enhancing tax governance and control through content management solutions, workflow technologies and document management
- Create and develop high-impact tools and materials to support the varied client work and assignments across TTT such as thought leadership, diagnostics, internal user guides and blueprints
- Review, design and embed effective tax control framework and processes across the end to end supply chain
Skills and attributes for success
- Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Strong and motivated team player
- Supporting with the operational management of the team and also through managing employee development and assignments
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
- Confident and curious with clients, with a proven ability to collaborate to find optimal and innovative approaches to client business challenges
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
To qualify for the role you must have comprehensive experience in the profession and be interested in specialising in one or more of the following areas:
- Tax compliance and reporting
- Accounting and finance
- Development and/or implementation of tax technology
- Finance or tax performance improvement
- Experience or keen interest in the development and/or implementation of tax technology solutions
- Experience or a keen interest in Finance or Tax performance improvement
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Accountancy/ Tax or other local equivalent qualifications
- Finance, Data Science or Engineering background
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
- Experience of managing large and complex projects
What we look for
Our services are different from other tax advisory services and typical assignments that you may get involved with include:
- Provisioning and tax reporting solutions - implementing software solutions along with process and controls re-design that support the automating of effective global tax provisioning and reporting processes.
- ERP Modernisation – work with clients to provide support defining and implementing the tax considerations of ERP modernisations.
- Tax Data Management – improving the quality of data received by the performance and benchmarking the tax function against market and tax department and implementing software tools to make the processing and reporting of tax data more efficient.
- Tax Function Diagnostic and Benchmarking – assessing the tax function against leading practices to identify and prioritise areas of improvement.
- Insourcing/Outsourcing – developing models for all or portions of the tax compliance and reporting needs of a company
- Workflow & information management – setting up processes and technology tools to provide greater control over global tax deadlines and risks in a more efficient manner
The work requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses, so you’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of finance or tax performance improvements methodologies possibly specialising in the configuration of tax technologies and having an understanding of ERP software (SAP, Oracle).
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.