Transfer Pricing Manager - Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Experience level
If you are looking for an exciting role joining a growing team and to help your clients to shape their business, this is the opportunity for you!
We’re looking for experienced professionals to join our Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness practice in the MidlandsPractice based in Birmingham.
Working with some of the most skilled professionals in your field you will help your clients on operating model design, business restructuring, systems implications, transfer pricing, controversy, strategy and planning. You will help your clients to build and implement transfer pricing structures that make sense for their business, improve their processes and manage the cost of cross-border trade.
Our National Markets Transfer Pricing team helps multinational groups through the entire transfer pricing lifecycle including designing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and defending intercompany pricing policies that align their global tax model with the business strategy. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets. Another key element of the work is providing businesses with tax-effective supply chain management. The team provide a range of services covering all types of intercompany transaction and work collaboratively with groups across all industry sectors.
The client base is very broad covering privately owned UK headquartered groups, including fast growth start-ups and businesses backed by private equity, UK listed groups outside the FTSE100 and many overseas parented groups. As a member of this team, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop and implement integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment, as well as building long lasting client relationships.
The National Markets Transfer Pricing Team is currently experiencing strong demand for its services and has ambitious growth plans. There are excellent career progression opportunities for successful candidates who demonstrate the skills and attributes outlined below. You will receive regular technical and on the job training and support, as well as opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you to achieve your full potential.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- Shape and articulate solutions to complex technical problems working with stakeholders from Ernst & Young, client and tax authority stakeholders
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Identify opportunities to involve other technical disciplines to expand the scope and value of services delivered
- Able to identify and manage areas of risk for clients and the firm, consulting appropriately
- Responsibility for day-to-day delivery of exceptional client service
- Build commercial networks and relationships internally and externally and manage resulting flows of opportunities
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training our people
- Involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and experience
- Experienced transfer pricing practitioner with broad experience including thin capitalisation analysis and the negotiation of ATCAs
- Experience of financial modelling and application of financial and economic analysis techniques to transfer pricing problems
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Commercially aware, client-focused and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player, able to delegate effectively to ensure timely and cost effective delivery
- Passionate about coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong transfer pricing technical skills
- Degree or postgraduate degree essential
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills
- The ability to deliver quality output in a timely and efficient manner
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.