Senior Manager - Global Compliance Management Services
KPMG China operates in 25 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
As technology innovation transforms our client’s business, we are transforming technology innovation so we can help our clients unlock value and prepare their business to deliver more with less, especially in the space of meeting their various compliance obligations globally. KPMG Tax takes innovation to the next level. With our extensive tax knowledge, robust technologies, and an overall culture that inspires ideas and innovation, we can help solve key issues and create new enterprise value to transform the internal function from an operational requirement into a competitive advantage.
You will become the expert in reviewing the client’s compliance process and providing transformation as well as execution in all sectors of the economy. This involves designing efficient process and the use of technologies for multinational and domestic clients across business situations to meet their tax filing, financial statements preparation and payroll obligations. You will deliver insights that help business leaders to make confident business decisions across various business lines. You will monitor and anticipate changes to legislations and respond quickly with advice specific to clients’ requirements. A career at KPMG will provide you the opportunity to build relationship with clients and work closely with our high-performing teams from different functions. If you want to grow to be considered an expert in your knowledge area and if you enjoy analysing problems, this role is for you.
- Utilize KPMG’s technology and methodology to provide solutions to clients in meeting their tax filing, financial statements preparation and payroll obligations in an effective and efficient manner
- Delegate work to members of multiple teams, ensuring follow up strategies are in place
- Review deliverables prepared by members relating to clients’ tax filings, financial statements preparation and payroll obligations
- You will use your proven technical ability and utilise your client relationship skills to win and develop new business
- Develop and implement innovative ways to approach client needs - use research into client businesses (the issues they face, the state of markets, key developments) to initiate new service and product offerings to clients
- Undertake business development activities and market tax services to clients and non-clients
- Keep abreast of new technical developments and solutions, and confidently market these applications to both clients and Partners
- Bachelor degree with a professional qualification (accounting or legal)
- 7-10 years experience in a professional firm / in-house accounting team for preparing statutory financial statements and tax reporting
- Having experience with managing staff payroll is a plus
- A proven history of managing and developing others, developing business and acting autonomously
- Proven client management skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage people effectively through leadership, appropriate delegation, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Strong presentation skills with an excellent command of verbal and written English and fluency in Cantonese / Mandarin
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.