I am currently recruiting a Senior Accountant to work for an accountancy practice based in the West End of London. This is a permanent position.
My client is a SME accountancy practice in the West End of London.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is studying either the ACCA/CIMA who is looking to progress their career. My client is also happy to consider AAT studiers.
Boutique London based Chartered Accountancy Practice, seeks individual, qualified/part qualified or qualified by experience to deal with all client requirements.
Working as part of a professional team assisting the Managing Director to deliver high quality services to clients.
This is an opportunity for a professional accountant to share knowledge with a friendly FCA with over 30 years' experience at Partner level in successful public practice.
The candidate will need to demonstrate several years' experience in relevant areas of public practice:
Key aspects of role:
· Taxation, tax advice and consultancy
· Accounting and all forms of accounting related consultancy
· Client liaison
· Provision of secretarial services under the Companies Acts
· HMRC liaison and resource familiarity
· 5+ years' experience in public practice accounting (post qualification) or 10 years without qualification
· Good working knowledge of personal and business tax
· Technically competent and experienced with a range of accounting packages
· Advanced Excel knowledge
· Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
· Able to work under pressure, manage time, and meet deadlines
· Good communication in English language both written and oral
· Adaptable and flexible
· Good Interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Managing a portfolio of SME clients (Mixed Limited Companies, sole traders and individuals)
- Building a strong relationship with clients and providing a personal accounting & tax service
- Majority personal tax compliance, but good knowledge/ability to deal with all taxes; Corporate, VAT, PAYE, CGT, IHT etc a must.
- Contacting HMRC and up to date knowledge of latest online processes
- Provision of accounting services and knowledge of a variety of accounting packages (including Sage Cloud, Xero, Quickbooks etc.)
- Knowledge of BTC income tax return software, IRIS Openreach and Moneysoft Payroll an advantage.
- A variety of ad hoc tasks
- Dealing with a spread of both UK and International clients
Flexible working considered
Terms and pay negotiable based on experience
The successful candidate must have:
- Exposure to the duties above
- Must be studying the ACCA/CIMA/AAT
- Be able to travel to the West End of London
The successful candidate will be paid £38,000 - £42,000 depending on experience. They also offer a study support package and a competitive benefits package.