Digital Accounting Assistant
Working directly with the Head of Digital Accounting to assist clients in transitioning to digital accounting solutions. You will be responsible for carrying out Xero conversions as well as delivering training and education to clients and internal stakeholders on the use of Xero and related software.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge and expertise on Xero functionality
- Be fully involved in all projects included in the firm’s Cloud Consultancy Services
- Ability to liaise with clients – for example: arrange Xero demonstrations, meetings and answering client queries
- An awareness of all ongoing projects and a willingness to get involved in complex Xero conversions
- Ability to lead meetings with clients
- Build and maintains strong relationships
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Partners and Head of Digital Accounting
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues internally to broaden and strengthen their knowledge in Digital Accounting
- Deliver internal training and education sessions
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to work unassisted on various projects
- Excellent multitasker who can prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate at all levels - face to face, in writing and verbally
- Ability to perform in a collaborative fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technically confident with strong skills in Microsoft products and related applications
- Actively listens and asks probing questions
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude
- Displays a good work ethic - showing initiative and motivation
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
ATTRIBUTES / BEHAVIOURS
- Desire to develop the firms Cloud Consultancy Services across all channels
- Aptitude for automation and enhancing efficiencies
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Takes initiative and suggests ideas for improvements
- Confident using new and latest technology
- Willingness to get involved in more complex projects
- Thrives under pressure to consistently provide work of a high quality and standard
- Professional and inclusive approach to working relationships
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of client groups and sectors
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and acknowledges limitations
- Communicates openly and respectfully – through various means and channels
- Thinks clearly and considers impacts
- Helpful, supportive and has a willing attitude
- Operates ethically and with integrity
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Use of Xero accounting Software is essential
- Experience converting clients accounting systems to Xero is essential
- Xero Certified Advisor
- Experience of using Dext Prepare (formerly Receipt Bank), Dext Precision and Chaser is desirable
- An understanding of the Apps available in the Xero App Marketplace
- Experience of working in practice is desirable
- An understanding of cloud accounting and initiatives such as Making Tax Digital
- Excellent IT skills are essential - particularly Microsoft Excel
- Part Qualified CA / ACCA / ACA or looking to begin studies
OUR VALUES & MISSION
Alexander Sloan is committed to being a successful organisation. We define success as delivering value to:
- Delivering value for the partnership means:
- A financially successful firm
- A firm that the partners are proud of
- A firm that supports personal growth
- Delivering value for our staff means:
- A firm that develops its staff and enables them to fulfil their potential
- A firm that staff members are proud to be a part of
- A firm that provides its staff with attractive working conditions and rewards excellence
- Delivering value for our clients means:
- Providing an excellent service
- Providing a service that represents value for money
- Being a trusted adviser
Alexander Sloan has six core values.
We operate in an inclusive environment treating everyone with courtesy and consideration.
We set the highest standards and aspire to exceed expectations.
We work together to deliver the best outcomes.
We believe honesty and trust is fundamental to everything we do.
We are proactive in seeking change and embracing new ideas.
We accrue and apply knowledge to achieve the best results.
We believe that these core values are our RECIPE for success.