Charitable Asset Management - Tax Officer, AVP
The CAM tax officer must have the ability to conduct independent research on planned giving-related tax topics and be able to generate value-added ideas to clients and to the team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze trusts and other documents to determine tax return filing requirements of assigned accounts.
- Monitor and review account transactions, disbursements and receipts to all accounts to ensure proper treatment for tax purposes.
- Prepare fiduciary tax returns, estimated tax payments and beneficiary K-1s for assigned trust accounts.
- Review tax returns and other work products prepared by other tax accountants and reports to the manager regarding the accuracy of the work product reviewed.
- Successfully manage client relationships by consistently providing clients timely and appropriate communication and services in relation to their needs.
- Participate and actively contribute to new business development activities.
- Effectively and appropriately respond to questions from clients and team members.
- Keep clients informed of the tax developments and other relevant facts that affect their business
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, tax or business administration
- CPA or EA preferred
- The preferred experience includes three to five years of direct fiduciary tax experience with an emphasis on the preparation of returns for charitable trusts
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to a fast paced workload
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage different clients
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Computer proficiency and experience working with various trust accounting and tax software products
- Ability to conduct independent research and generate value-added ideas to clients
Around the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and dedicated, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran DisabilityFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.