OTC Business Architect, State Street Alpha, Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street’s Alpha Business Architecture team is seeking a versatile individual with senior business and data analysis skills for development and support of enhancing our services and product offerings. The candidate will be able to support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases in support of strategic initiatives impacting complex instruments from an Alpha Front to Back.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha OTC Business Architect you will
- Support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases
- Project initiation and scoping- including definition of plans and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholders.
- Oversee business analysis and requirements definition.
- Act as liaison between sales, client services, and technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of product development
- Support ongoing project management- including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project.
- Build and manage strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and Client Service.
- Manage competing priorities across these groups.
- Understand the firm’s strategic plans, business, process and architecture in order to influence design and develop solutions.
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: ‘Big picture’ understanding
- Demonstrated experience relating to record keeping data integration, control frameworks, transaction processing and reconciliation
- Demonstrated understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly.
- Working understanding of asset management investment lifecycle, including portfolio management, compliance, trading and post trade activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience with designing new solutions by analyzing requirements, studying system capabilities, and writing detailed business requirements. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Knowledge of SDLC & Agile Methodology and tools
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, Project, and Visio is required
- SQL/database query skills a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum BS/BA degree required in Technology, Finance, Business, or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of OTC Derivatives products, related market practices, and Investment Accounting treatment
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software applications analysis, software implementation and/or business analysis experience.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.