Global Compliance & Reporting Real Estate Staff - Chicago, Boca Raton, Atlanta
1 day left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Real Estate Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team of tax professionals strategically positioned across the country providing top notch tax consulting services to our clients. As a senior in our practice, you'll work on multiple tax engagements and will contribute to the delivery of quality tax planning and compliance services for our real estate industry clients. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
Your main priority will be providing first-level reviews of tax returns, all while constantly keeping in touch with our clients. You'll be looking at, and analyzing complex tax issues and structures, so everything will come down to producing outstanding work. And with plenty of variety, it's certain that you'll always have innovative ideas and processes to keep you focused.
Skills and attributes for success
- Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
- Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
- Building client relationships and demonstrating your knowledge of the real estate, hospitality and construction industry.
- Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge in a broad range of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including partnership taxation, REIT taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring.
- A proven record of excellence in a professional services or tax organization
- Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- Influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
Ideally you'll also have
- CPA qualification, or be a member of a state bar.
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.