Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist (multiple positions) (State Street Bank and Trust Company; Quincy, MA): will be responsible for managing and coordinating the test effort for core Fund Accounting Back office involving MCH (Multi-Currency Horizon), eHorizon, MyView and Automated Fund workflow applications. The individual in this position will collaborate with peers on cross-functional teams to deliver high quality solutions, providing software quality assurance through all stages of the product development lifecycle.
Specific duties of the position include: coordinating Quality Assurance deliverables in complex projects related to Fund Accounting, Fund of Funds, Security Valuation/NAV Pricing, expense payments and client invoices; testing in-house, proprietary applications using leading IT technologies and applying competency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle; managing work and resources in a geographically split onshore-offshore model; working directly with the Global Product COE to understand the business requirements, helping to define the overall test strategy, test plans, and executing the test via automated tools (UFT, GQS framework, macros); working directly with users, analysts, and developers to understand business processes and the applications under test in order to deliver high quality software solutions to our clients; interacting with peers on the QA team to proactively determine and resolve upstream and downstream impacts; test plan development and maintenance using HP - Application Lifecycle Management Tool; ensuring proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the testing process based on playbook defined using Agile-Kanban methodologies; DB2 Data management with database tools like Data Studio & SQL Explorer; testing legacy mainframe processes using proprietary CICS-TSO Interface; and demonstrating an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitating a collaborative resilient solution.
Minimum requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field; and
- 5 years of Quality Assurance experience within financial services industry.
- Demonstrated experience with projects related to Fund Accounting, Fund of Funds, security valuation, expense payments and client invoices;
- Demonstrated experience with both daily and monthly pricing NAVs;
- Demonstrated experience with daily and monthly client reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Demonstrated experience completing both internal and external audit requests;
- Proven knowledge of Quality Assurance in a software environment through all stages of product development (SDLC);
- Proven problem solving, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines;
- Understanding of software engineering standards metrics and quality assurance principles;
- Proven knowledge of ITIL;
- Demonstrated experience working with the Agile Software Development Methodology; and
- Proven knowledge of automated testing tools (UFT, GQS framework, macros) and competent in SQL query skills. (Unless otherwise indicated, State Street is seeking the ability in the skills listed above with no specific number of years of experience required. All experience can be gained concurrently.)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.