Tax Subject Matter Expert, China #174591
Your field of responsibility
Join us as a China tax specialist to work within the North Asia Tax team to provide tax compliance and advisory support to our growing business in China. This role involves handling and coordinating the corporate tax obligations of Credit Suisse entities in China as well as advising the local businesses in relation to the China tax consequence of business strategies across Private Banking and Investment Banking. You will also provide technical assistance on non-income tax items such as VAT and withholding taxes to the teams who are primarily responsible for these areas.
Corporate Income Tax Compliance
- Manage, coordinate and assist in the corporate tax compliance processes in China, including the preparation and review of annual and quarterly corporate tax returns where applicable, ensuring accuracy and completeness of tax returns, timeliness of filing, and accuracy and timeliness of corporate tax payments.
- Determine the information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance filing, and liaise with the internal departments to collate the relevant information.
- Assist in preparing the transfer pricing documentation in accordance with the local tax regulations with assistance from the transfer pricing team.
- Assist in managing the local tax audits and the overall relationship with tax authorities in China.
- Co-ordinate with Group Finance and external advisors and driving resolution of tax issues.
Corporate Income Tax Accounting
- Assist in the monthly / quarterly / year-end tax provisions and handling the corporate tax accounting process for entities in China and liaise with Group Finance and the Global Tax Accounting and Reporting Function (“GTAF”) on the same.
- Assist in the annual statutory audit accounts preparation (in relation to the taxation section).
Corporate Tax Advisory
- Advising business-units on the China tax consequences of business strategies including private banking, investment banking, securities sales and trading and asset management, etc.
- Working closely with the business and support department colleagues to advice on the tax consequences of new products, business-lines and entities.
Non Income Tax Oversight
- Assist in providing timely and accurate guidance on legal and regulatory requirements relating to Non income Tax applicable to entities in China, including Stamp Duty and VAT, to the department primarily responsible for handling the Non income tax.
- Explaining technical positions, negotiating disputed positions, and handling the tax authority relationship in tax authority examinations of such taxes.
- Support the North Asia Tax team to handle any other ad-hoc assignments/ projects as required
Your future colleagues
Our vision is to be recognized as delivering best-practice financial and reputational tax risk management environment for Credit Suisse.
Credit Suisse has a global tax team comprising 158 paeople. You will be part of the North Asia Tax team within the APAC regional team. The globally distributed team are dedicated professionals, working closely together to cultivate strong team work.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Remote Working? Yes
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
You are expected to possess the below:
- Degree holder in Accountancy/Tax or business related subject areas
- At least 7 years’ experience of handling China Tax & Audit Compliance gained in major international professional firms and/or other international organizations
- Proactive, hardworking, a strong outstanding of responsibility with positive working attitude
- Proficient with MS Office is preferred
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.