Operations Client Service, Assc1
Who we are looking for
Perform both client-facing and operational functions for Custody and Accounting. Research and resolve client inquires and service-related requests. Escalating and directing issues for immediate remediation. On a daily and weekly basis execute many operational tasks as per deadlines.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration, and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity, and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Service Operations Associate you will
- Responsible for ensuring and reviewing all the CSO requirements such as Daily/weekly recon on Cash, Stock, and Income.
- On a daily basis identify failed & unmatched trades, reason for it, and initiate the resolution process
- Conduct independent research to gather and record data from internal systems.
Interact with various internal and external teams as required to obtain the resolution.
- Check for the cash flows, Swifts, Fax and follow up with internal/external teams.
- Answer and/or review internal and external client queries in relation to accounting and custody. Analyze the problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to ensure optimum client service and team collaboration.
- Settlements, Reconciliation, Fund accounting and Capital Markets Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Excellent attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to analyze & solve a problem
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate & MS Office expert
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of SICAV funds and associated accounting
- Advanced knowledge of cycle and settlement specificities for securities and cash
- Strong time management skills
- Flexibility in re-prioritizing tasks
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to perform effectively to strict deadlines
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role as an individual contributor:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Competent to Expert (Technical) / Advanced Beginner with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred.
- Good understanding and exposure to Capital markets.
- Experience 0 - 2 years of related experience preferably from Reconciliation in Accounting and Custody /Trade & settlements background.
- Graduate and above preferably in Finance.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are powerful contributors to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, backgrounds, abilities, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personalities. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, a matching gift program,s and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.