Transaction Management, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Supporting the life cycle of Transaction Management; involves the capture, validation, confirmation, and settlement of transactions instructed by the primary investment manager and any sub-advisors. The process begins when we receive executed transaction instructions from the investment manager via one of several standard message formats.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration, and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity, and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transaction Management you will
- Trade Settlement Resolution/ Fail monitoring
- Experience working with Brokers and Custodians to resolve fail trades
- Identify and resolve the root cause of all issues
- Continually seek best practices for current processes and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of all systems and their downstream effects with a focus on maintaining standards
- Seek automation when possible and continuously look to improve upon existing processes
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to problem-solve complex issues with clients, counterparties, and other internal teams
- Responds to inquiries from clients, custodians, and brokers to ensure timely effective processing of requests
- Prepares, completes, and reviews standard client reporting
- Performs transaction processing tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Consults with peers to optimize the operating model
- Oversees and trains cross-cultural team daily processing
- Oversight of offshore processes in respect of Trade Reconciliation Break Investigations, and cash postings.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities, controls and ensures consistency of policies adherence to procedures, and compatibility of services to clients.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ yr. of Equity or Fixed Income Trade settlement resolution and fail to monitor.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Business-related major, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Preferred System experience: GTM, CSM, ALERT, CTM, SWIFT, and Bloomberg.
- Exceptionally technology-oriented with the ability to learn applications quickly.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, backgrounds, abilities, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personalities. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.