Risk & Resiliency Specialist, Capital Markets
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Head of Capital Markets Risk and Resiliency, this first line role within the Capital Markets business will identify, own and manage the risks within the business. The Risk and Resiliency Specialist will also be responsible for aligning the operational resiliency framework and overseeing the ongoing maintenance of the program. This role will include engagement with senior leaders across the business. Therefore, excellent communication skills and knowledge of the Capital Markets business are essential.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Review, advise, challenge and document changes to the Capital Markets product offerings including new products, product enhancements and process changes
- Coordinate the business unit Risk Framework updates
- Act as the business unit liaison to the second line risk function
- Establish the oversight governance for the Operational Resiliency framework
- Identify resiliency gaps, suggest mitigation efforts and track the implementation of mitigation efforts.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of the Operational Resiliency program, including defining and managing monitoring metrics
- Align vendor management and outsourcing standards with the Operational Resiliency framework
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to make independent decisions and also to be a team player and effective communicator to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved
- Leadership and organizational skills to direct the activities for the multiple business units
- Confidence and expertise to advise management and the business
- A College or University degree is preferred
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.