Head of China Central Compliance Unit #170338
- You will join us as a Head of China Central Compliance Unit
- Lead a newly established team of Central Compliance Unit officers in executing APAC Compliance Operations mandate across Private Bank and Investment Bank in China.
- Provide Compliance approvals for all KYC matters across different business lines in China, during client onboarding, change in circumstances, periodic reviews and terminations, to prevent financial crime and terrorist financing.
- Perform supervisory control check on Compliance Operations’ executed controls.
- Provide Compliance Advice to the China business and supporting functions requirements, regulations and initiatives including the necessary impact assessments.
- Support the design, development and implementation of China onshore business expansion growth project by providing Subject Matter Expert support and Compliance advice
Identify, coordinate, undertake or lead projects as needed to improve process and update compliance procedures.
- Take any other tasks assigned by the APAC Compliance Operations Management Team or Department head.
- Work with regional counterparts and global counterparts to ensure alignment and execution of best practices
- Review PEP classification and approval requests submitted by business, and record and manage PEP-relevant key information in a centralized PEP depository.
- At least 10 years relevant solid AML track record part of which need to be relevant to CID/KYC/AML/FCC experience with preference to Private Bank.
- Outstanding knowledge of AML / CFT regulations and requirements in China and International AML standards.
- Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualification. Post-graduate qualifications in AML Compliance preferable.
- Passed the China Securities Participants Exam
- Experience in leading and guiding a team of compliance officers to reinforce Compliance requirements and promote strong Compliance culture.
- Experience in compliance reviews of KYC files and providing exceptional approvals which are in line with the firm’s established risk appetite.
- Strong technical expertise to provide compliance advice on regulations to Front Office.
- Phenomenal interpersonal and people management skills. Maintain positive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other compliance colleagues.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Solution-driven attitude, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box
- Pro-active and self-starter with can do attitude
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure
- Experience in dealing with regulators and auditors preferred.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.