Disruptions and volatility have become the new normal as the world is experiencing unprecedented change. To survive and thrive in this “new normal”, organizations must think and act differently in all areas of business, and that includes finance. The finance function only has one purpose, to help organization maximize revenues, minimize costs, to have the optimal allocation of scarce resources and the desired risk profile. All these, in the manner of quickly, efficiently, and with deep, relevant, and timely insights. Agility is the essence of Tomorrow’s Finance, enable by a combination of talent, emerging technologies such as intelligent automation, digital processes, and the next generation of ERP.
As you deliver exceptional client service, you will have the opportunity to address some of the biggest issues facing organizations today – supported by structured learning and development. With a network stretching across the world, the projects you work on will cross borders and sectors, providing an unrivaled experience. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As a Finance Consultant, you will work with leading organizations to drive the Finance of Tomorrow agenda across the entire lifecycle of the project. You will work with clients who are embarking on their first steps to the Finance of Tomorrow Transformation journey, to clients who already operating Finance of Tomorrow and are looking for the next disruptive solution to accelerate and deliver value through the next level of world-class Finance of the Future.
Your key responsibilities:
- Strategize and Plan: Establish Finance vision, strategy, and operating model that are customer-centric and digital-enabled to support enterprise aspirations and goals, qualify the case for change and design the transformation journey roadmap
- Design and Implement: Design and implement finance delivery model and governance, encompassing end-to-end processes, incorporating accounting standards/policies and control requirements as well as emerging automation solutions, design the Finance Technology and Data landscape considering the overall enterprise technology and data architecture, talent skillsets and capabilities, organization structure and performance measurements; determine change impact, strategizing and executing enterprise-wide change management activities
- Transition and Stabilize: Manage transition activities including planning training and knowledge transfer activities, business cut-over strategy and activities, facilitating business readiness criteria, and providing post-Go-Live support
- Optimize: Identify and prioritize opportunities for improving Finance operations through maximizing technology usage supported by emerging technology. Support clients in the implementation of improvement initiatives and monitor the success of these initiatives in delivering the intended outcomes
- Project Management: Support the project to deliver on time, on budget, and on quality. Manage the relationship with key client stakeholders
- Business Development: Support business development activities, including preparing proposals to support the client
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical, and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
- Ability to establish personal credibility quickly and demonstrate expertise
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and above in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, MIS, or Mathematics
- Approximately 2 years of recent relevant work experience in a leading business consulting organization or accounting organization; or
- 4 years of functional finance experience (Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Management Insight Reporting, Enterprise/Business Performance Management) in any industry
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience in delivering projects with elements of customer experience or digital tools
- Experience in implementing Finance function (direct or indirect) initiatives in processes improvement/optimization, ERP, or intelligent automation solutions
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you will be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia