Head of Finance
Excellent opportunity to join a leading specialist logistics and distribution business in Kent as commercial Head of Finance, reporting to the MD.
This well rounded role is part of the senior management team and will influence the business across all activities and operations.
Our client is a well established SME who specialise in storage and distribution of produce throughout the UK, dealing with global imports. They have multiple sites in Kent, and a head office in Dartford.
As the Head of Finance you will be a member of the senior management team and will be expected to influence the business across all business activities and operations. This is a well rounded role where you will need skills and experience that extend beyond finance, and the desire and capability to add value at a senior level.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for financial control and reporting business wide including payroll.
- Contribute to the development of long-term and strategic planning.
- Provide the leadership team and functional heads with business partnering, advice, insight and analysis as required.
- Provide leadership to the support functions including performance management, KPI's and direction.
- Compliance with accounting standards and procedures including year end audit.
- Ensure that the Support function meets the needs of the business.
- Maintain and develop robust financial systems and procedures.
- Control of cash flow to ensure that business operates within its banking facilities.
- Lead and co-ordinate the annual budget process.
- Ensure that online filings for Statutory Accounts, Corporation tax, VAT, Payroll, Pensions are all submitted on time.
The successful candidate for this Head of Finance role will be:
- Formally qualified - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experienced in working in roles at this level
- Able to work to a remit beyond pure finance
- Comfortable working with senior operational leaders, offering direction and guidance
- Able to play a key role in a company as it goes through change and growth
- From a background in logistics, distribution, fast moving stock or delivery, or from a closely related sector.
Competitive base salary of £55-65K plus other benefits including bonus potential