The primary function of TII’s Finance department is to provide financial leadership to the organisation through the provision of high quality services and support in the following areas:
- Financial and management reporting
- Ensuring strong internal control over key financial and operational processes
- Management of the corporate budgeting process
- Processing payroll, expenses, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provision of training and operational support for all systems employed by Finance
- Treasury Management
- Statutory returns
- Preparing the annual financial statements and management of the annual audit process with the C&AG
It is also important for the department to build and maintain strong relationships with its colleagues and with external stakeholders such as the Department of Transport, the Department of Finance, the NDFA and TII’s bankers, advisers, solicitors and auditors.
ROLE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will report to the Financial Controller in the Business Services Directorate of TII.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Providing assistance with the preparation of elements of year end Statutory Financial Statements
- Preparation for C&AG audit of Financial Statements
- Completion of or assistance with preparation and submission of both regulatory & statutory reporting requirements
- Maintenance and update of the fixed asset registers for all of TII’s fixed assets.
- Supervise staff involved in processing and reporting payroll and pension, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensuring? tax compliance in areas relevant to your role
- Support the Registered Pension Administrator in preparing annual reports for both of TII’s pension schemes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Manage individual audits where required
- Liaise effectively with other units within TII as required
- Undertake project work in support of new system design and implementation
- Provide financial management support to other Directorates as required
- Provide support for evaluation design and implementation of internal controls throughout TII
- Develop strong effective working relationships with all members of the Finance team and with other TII staff as required
- Maintain strong controls over cyber security risks associated with the activities of Finance.
- Undertaking such tasks, activities or other duties as may be required or assigned as appropriate to the grade.
Education & Experience
- A professional accountancy qualification and full membership of a recognised accountancy body (i.e. ACA, CPA, CIMA, or ACCA)
- 5 years’ experience in a responsible finance position.
- Strong team working and project management skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the public sector regulatory and working environment.
- Understanding of financial control processes and procedures
- Strong record of delivery and technical expertise in the key areas of financial and management reporting and accounting and tax compliance
- Strong record of delivery in internal control, audit preparation and management, and resource and personnel management
- Experience of working with diverse teams.
- Experience of undertaking and effectively managing a significant workload.
- Highly motivated team player with an ability to work on own initiative, with strong multitasking capabilities.
- Proven ability to organise and motivate teams and to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines as they fall due.
- Communicate and present effectively on finance topics
- Advanced Excel and proficiency in Sage 1000 or equivalent systems
- Fluency in the English language, both written and oral