Finance Manager - (Service Charges)
A Finance Manager - (Service Charges) role working for a Yorkshire based housing organisation. Hybrid and flexible working pattern to suit the individual candidate.
Well established and well regarded housing organisation based in Yorkshire and the Humber.
A Times top 100 awarded not for profit employer.
Disability Confident Employer, ENEI Accredited Employer and HDN (Housing Diversity Network) member.
A Finance Manager - (Service Charges) role working for a Yorkshire based housing organisation. You will be the strategic lead on service charges across the organisation ensuring a proactive, legally and regulatory compliant and delivering a customer centric approach at all times. You will be responsible for delivering across a number of key areas including:
- Provide overall financial control for service charges including budget setting, forecasting and variance analysis for both income and costs
- Annual production of audited and non-audited scheme accounts for the organisation in line with agreed deadlines
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and to apply known best practice in service charge processes and activities for both fixed and variable service charges.
- Lead, develop and manage relationships with key business partners. Working collaboratively to find solutions which embed a culture of continuous improvement an enhance service delivery.
- Identify and interpret new legislation and regulations that affects own area of business.
- Advising appropriate areas of the business on the resulting impact to ensure compliance and service excellence is maintained.
To be successful as a candidate for the role of Finance Manager - (Service Charges) you will possess the following accountancy skills and experience:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of service charge legislation, leases and tenancy agreements in managing a large property and housing portfolio
- Experience of managing people, through supportive and developmental methods
The role is working for a Yorkshire based Housing Association, they have a hybrid working policy to suit the needs of the individual, but also can accommodate people who want a more office based working environment.
Other benefits include:
- Salary of c£42,000 - 45,000 depending on relevant experience
- 28 days holiday plus statutory days
- Generous holiday allowance - 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks
- Choice of pension scheme (defined benefit or defined contribution)
- Life Assurance cover
- Enhanced payment for maternity, paternity and adoption leave, subject to meeting certain eligibility criteria
- Professional subscriptions are paid for where they are an essential requirement of your role
- Long service awards
- Cycle Scheme - All employees with contracts lasting more than 12 months can access the scheme.
- Learning & Development opportunities for employees to gain professional qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme