Strategy and Transactions - Transaction Diligence Senior - Sell & Separate (Multiple Cities)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Nashville
There are plenty of complex challenges when preparing and executing divestitures and our clients turn to us to handle them. As a Senior for our Divestiture Advisory Services (DAS) team, you'll be right at the heart of that goal. You'll work with some of the most recognized leaders in the field of corporate transactions assisting our clients on sell side transactions and helping to provide tailored guidance to maximize value.
We'll look to you to support large, high-profile projects, focusing on divestitures across a broad range of industry sectors.Strategy and Transactionswithin Divestitures encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, including the execution of financial due diligence. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. Additionally, our team advises clients in the preparation of carve-out financial statements to be audited, and related SEC filings. You'll be working with and supporting the various team members including senior managers and partners. That makes this the perfect place develop a deep understanding of corporate transactions while working in one of the most exciting and rapidly evolving professional services practices.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior you'll support the execution of transformational deals, working as a team to solve complex challenges. That means you'll need a natural authority and confidence in your professionalism. It's a political role at times, as you'll be integrating into complex client teams, so your ability to develop and cultivate relationships will be extremely helpful here, travel will also be an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements regarding divestitures, including carve-outs, spins and full-enterprise sales for private investor groups and corporate buyers.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings, including carve-out audited financial statements.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price, deal structuring or termination.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide authoritative knowledge and insight to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 18 months of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Public accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 60% on short notice.
Ideallyyou'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in audit and/or mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. You'll be using your wider connections within EY to identify further opportunities to provide for our client's need - all while maintaining our integrity and reputation as a market leader. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.