Strategy and Transactions - Experienced Staff - Real Estate Valuation (Chicago, Atlanta)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Transaction Real Estate professionals help clients make strategic real estate decisions with objective advice. Our clients see us as a vital part of the team that works closely with them to develop capital market strategies for acquiring and disposing of real estate assets, including fund concepts or sale and leaseback structures. Our global reach means that, wherever our clients are in the world, we can help them raise or structure necessary capital and buy or sell individual properties, property portfolios or equity investments. By joining our team you’ll be at the heart of our mission to ensure that everything we do inspires confidence today, so together we can build a better tomorrow.
As a Transaction Real Estate Staff professional, you’ll be the foundation of the group and pivotal to the department’s success by getting involved with every aspect of our service offerings. You’ll assist in real estate valuation and advisory engagements, working across a variety of clients including owners, developers, builders, financial institutions, lenders and pension funds, as well as numerous Fortune 500 companies. On top of that, we’ll need you to perform at a high level across multiple managers and assignments at all times, while receiving daily coaching and support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects which will support your engagement teams from project inception to conclusion. You will utilize your research and analysis skills on a daily basis to resolve complex strategic challenges, as our clients look directly to us to translate complex business information into well-presented and easily understood recommendations. As part of that, you’ll need to develop collaborative skills, along with the confidence to nurture relationships with our clients.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting with typical engagements such as market studies, financial analysis, due diligence, appraisal and valuation, strategic planning, property performance enhancement, portfolio analysis and cash flow modeling
- Preparing professional reports and memos to distribute research findings both internally at EY and externally to clients and third parties
- Collecting market information and analyzing real estate documents, including appraisals and lending documents
- Performing market studies; cash flow modeling; and report writing
- Assisting audit clients with real estate valuation-related matters (i.e., fair value, purchase price allocation, impairment and other accounting pronouncements affecting the valuation of real estate assets)
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Progress towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree, with an emphasis in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Real estate industry experience or a demonstrated interest in the real estate industry
- A working knowledge of real estate software (i.e., Argus, CoStar) is preferred
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Academic experience in Mathematics, Business, Economics or Engineering
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.