Staff 2 Consultant - Quant Trading Book
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Staff 2 Consultant - Quant Trading Book - (New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA)
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our team is engaged in projects related to the development, validation, and other quantitative services of financial models used for front office pricing, risk management (market risk, counterparty credit, and operational risks), balance sheet and income statement stress testing, and wholesale and retail credit.
As part of our Advisory Services, you’ll have the opportunity to team with a variety of QAS professionals and clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in our growing practice. You’ll work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences. With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication and client management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities.
Your key responsibilities
Delivering services in valuation, risk management and governance, model development and implementation, model/system documentation, and model benchmarking while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. You’ll need to consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Your responsibilities may also include executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies.
Skills and attributes for success
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Consistently deliver quality client services
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
To qualify for the role you must have
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field and 2 years of quantitative analysis work experience; or a Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field and 1 year of quantitative analysis work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity with statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
- Ability to execute C++/Visual Basic/Excel routines and analytical programming requirements
- Knowledge of capital markets products, methodologies and financial analytics including an understanding of the key concepts of derivative instrument pricing and risk measurement
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with the ability to adjust to change and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. You’ll need to be someone who is capable of asking the tough questions, and independently driving their own career and learning initiatives. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills and a proven record of multitasking and working effectively across multiple projects. So, if you’re ready to contribute your big ideas and make a measurable difference right from the start, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.