Accounts Payable Supervising Associate
AP Team – Supervising Associate
The AP team Supervising Associate is a member of a high performing and mixed rank team led by the Country Head of Accounting & Finance Controlling.
In summary, this role sits within the Controlling team which helps the business create success by managing risk, mitigating fraud, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and Firm policy, driving quality, consistency and efficiency across the accounting processes. It does this through:
- providing transactional processing expertise, operational support, advice and insights across several areas including, vendor payables, staff expenses compliance, AMEX administration, accounts receivable and VAT controlling.
- implementing and monitoring appropriate controls
- partnering with offshore teams, being an escalation point and holding them accountable for high levels of service delivery.
The AP Supervising Associate plays a key role to ensure that risk to the business is managed appropriately and the firm is compliant with regulatory bodies and our Firm’s policies. Ensure third-party supplier invoices (including contingent workers and sub-contractors) are reviewed and paid by their due date, meeting the Firm’s payment performance reporting target (to enable EY to bid for government work). Working closely with our offshore team and holding them accountable for high levels of service delivery.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead high performing teams and manage workload efficiently across resources
- Mentor, train and provide work direction to staff as needed
- Coach/Problem solve with more junior members to help develop their skills through job shadowing, advising, informal training
- Counselling of staff member to assist them in implementing and maintaining their self-development plan
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and proactively seek improvements
- Oversee the team work to ensure high quality of service and compliance to accounting policies
- Partnering with offshore teams and drive enhancement of existing controls to improve quality of service
- Monitor compliance of Vendor set up and maintenance ensuring fraud prevention controls and checks
- Reviewing of emergency payments being executed by the offshore team for accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee and ensure that the team initiate and complete the Direct Debit invoices process in an accurate and timely manner
- Run regulatory and management reports for ROI management
- Act as a first level of escalation for resolution of quality issues from the offshore AP team and where required submit Customer Complaint Forms
- Responsible for the overview of Amex reporting to manage Firm’s risk and fraud detection
- Act as an escalation point for resolution of Bank Reconciliations and Finance queries raised through internal tools from the offshore team and where appropriate ensure offshore SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) are updated according or raise Customer Complaint Forms
- Provide guidance on local accounting and regulatory policy and leading practices
- Deliver VIM Training Sessions
Skills and attributes for success
- Inspiring trust and have a firm understanding of business drivers of client performance
- Critical thinking and problem solving, advising on potential outcomes and exhibiting exceptional technical skills
- Confident, with a proven ability to challenge at all levels
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Vigorous time management skills and a proven ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Strong ability to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge, building networks across the Finance function
- Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills with the confidence to deliver presentations, training material and knowledge sharing. Adapting ability to deliver challenging messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding.
- Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change lead
- Experienced in coaching more junior team members through work-shadowing, answering questions, advice, etc
- Thrives in and adapts to a fast changing, growing and high activity environment
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Minimum two years’ Experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Desire to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing and high activity environment
- Innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What we look for
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.