Business Analyst in Tax
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and Morgan Stanley employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Assist in sourcing data from Morgan Stanley systems, maintaining and understanding the location and content of key tax information to enable efficient collation of financial records and reports
- Collect and analyze data, performing validation controls on internal systems data
- Learn and assist with implementing compliance, global tax provision, and other standard technology processes
- Establish a strong network with key tax stakeholders, understanding the organization structure, assist with working collaboratively to effectively organize data requests
- Proactively organize and prioritize day to day tasks
- Perform ad-hoc duties to support NY Tax colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management
- 0-2 years of experience in Finance and/or Information Technology with demonstrated skills in related technology systems.
- Computer Skills: confident user of Excel, working knowledge of visualization platforms including Tableau, Alteryx, and/or Power BI is an advantage
- Experience using vendor license applications and ERP systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Confidence working with colleagues in worldwide business locations
Team Profile: The Tax Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm. The Tax Department in Budapest is looking for candidates to join our global Tax Technology team. This position will assist the New York Tax Department in business process automation.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Throughout your contingent/leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley, you will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are helping to shape the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modelling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact.
Visit morganstanley.hu or LinkedIn for more information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.