Senior Executive/Assistant Manager, Tax Resolutions - Midlands
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
The Tax Resolutions Group based in London, the Midlands and Manchester offer advice and support to a diverse range of clients, including individuals, companies, partnerships and trusts who find themselves under HMRC enquiry or investigation. We also assist clients in making tax disclosures whilst finding cost effective solutions.
- CTA qualified or near qualification (awaiting results of final exams);
- Experience of working in tax investigations / resolutions is preferred but not essential;
- Proficient in employment and corporate taxes [owner managed businesses];
- Good communication skills including letter and report writing;
- Computer literate including excel competency;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in in private practice;
- An existing supervisor with aspirations to become a manager;
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent client service;
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times;
- Delivering work to the highest quality;
- The ability to work well in a team, to understand others points of view and constructively take on board any points made, whilst at the same time suggesting possible ideas for consideration;
- The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for offering support to senior Tax Resolutions Group staff based in Oldbury (West Midlands) and Manchester (although the role will be Oldbury based).
Your direct client responsibilities
- Attending meetings with clients and HMRC;
- Gathering and analysing financial data to arrive at profit etc over a number of years;
- Calculating tax, interest and penalties due and payable covering a number of taxes including income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and corporation tax as well as NICs;
- Drafting letters and/or reports to HMRC;
- Managing own portfolio of clients;
- Facilitating voluntary disclosures to HMRC;
- Negotiating settlement figures with HMRC with support, if needed;
- Writing disclosure reports and letters to HMRC.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.