FSO Technology Risk Manager - Cyber Risk (Location Open)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
FSO Technology Risk Manager - Cyber Risk (Location Open) - New York (Primary), Boston, Chicago, Charlotte
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate financial services organization (FSO) business unit that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of events that have reshaped and redefined the financial services industry, as the pace of technological change continues to rapidly increase. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Integrated Cyber Risk team, a competency within the FSO Cyber and Technology Risk practice, provides financial services clients with an innovative and comprehensive approach for managing cyber and technology risks across their organizations. With the ever increasing risks for conducting business in a globally connected economy, and rapid evolution of related threats, companies are turning to EY to understand, assess, and prioritize risks, as well as the related actions. EY has been recognized by multiple organizations as a leader in the cybersecurity space. In addition, our clients look to EY to help them transform their cyber programs, while driving business performance. Our team works collaboratively across the various FSO competencies and the EY global network to provide comprehensive and insightful services to our clients. Our Cyber Risk team competencies include cyber risk management; cyber strategy and transformation; cloud, digital and emerging technologies; cyber risk management; cyber regulatory risk and compliance; cyber controls; audit and assurance; cyber resiliency and incident response and data privacy and data protection.
Your key responsibilities
On a typical day, you will work with your engagement team and the client to execute engagements which help the client to measure the effectiveness of its cybersecurity and privacy programs, assess the cybersecurity risk of a client; evaluate the maturity of a security program and perform benchmarking against its peers, advise on cybersecurity reference architecture leading practices, test the effectiveness of cyber controls, assist the client with complying with the various cyber regulations, and help implement new cyber control processes and tools to perform more effective cyber risk management. You will be primarily responsible for managing engagement teams and overseeing the execution of engagement procedures and delivery of work products. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain, and strengthen internal and external relationships, in order to identify potential business opportunities for EY. We will look to you to stay abreast of current cyber regulations and industry practices, as well as display teamwork, integrity and leadership to support and value your team’s contributions, which fosters innovation.
Skills and attributes for success
You will be expected to demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities, financial services industry knowledge and professional knowledge, establish relationships with client personnel, and possess good business acumen. Teaming and working with client personnel to analyze, evaluate and enhance their cybersecurity programs and related processes will be critical for success. As a manager, you will be expected to:
- Possess an in-depth understanding of general security concepts and methods, such as cyber strategy and transformation, cyber risk management, cybersecurity architecture, operations and monitoring, infrastructure and application security, cyber threat management, cloud security, emerging technologies (robotics, blockchain, IoT, etc.) security, cyber regulatory compliance and controls, cyber resiliency and business continuity, incident response and crisis management, data protection and privacy, and third-party risk management
- Leverage knowledge of the current cyber and technology topics in the financial services industry to interface with client stakeholders and subject-matter experts, identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of work products and services
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work programs and execution enablers, including approach, tasks, timelines, and budgets
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor engagement progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Manage engagement team members, providing guidance and coaching
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, management or a related discipline and five years of associated work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a cyber security practitioner and/or cyber risk practitioner for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm or financial services company, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
- Experience with at least three of the following types of work related to cybersecurity risk: (a) cyber strategy, transformation and architecture, (b) cyber risk management, (c) cyber compliance, regulations and standards, (d) cyber resiliency and/or (e) cyber controls, assessments and audit
- Working knowledge of industry standards (ISO 27001, NIST 800, NIST CSF, FFIEC, SANS, CSA, PCI-DSS) and regulations (OCC, FRB, FDIC, GLBA, NY-DFS, SEC, NFA, MAS, GDPR)
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, such as infrastructure security, threat and vulnerability management, application security, cloud security, cyber governance, risk and compliance and cyber resiliency
- Familiarization with financial services industry groups, such as FS-ISAC, SIFMA, NAIC, AIMA and FSR/BITS
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and analytically
- Experience in client service delivery and ability to manage multiple concurrent engagement teams and projects
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location up to 50% of the time. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
- Related professional certifications such as CA, CGEIT, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CMA, CPA and CRISC
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Master’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, accounting, finance or a related discipline
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the financial services industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.