Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
Responsible for preparing and analyzing periodic (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) financial statements in accordance with Investment Company IFRS/GAAP requirements for alternative investment funds (Hedge, Private Equity and Real Estate).
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Financial Reporting, Sr Assc, you will:
Set up and maintain reporting binders for each fund during a reporting cycle:
- Ensure all documentation used to calculate and support all financial statement disclosures is received and is accurate. Research and resolve all issues as applicable.
Prepare periodic financial statements:
- Perform planning procedures in order to identify any issues prior to the reporting cycle commencing and work with applicable parties to resolve.
- Perform a detailed review of the general ledger balances, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties.
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements.
- Draft financial statements disclosures based on generally accepted accounting principles (“IFRS”“GAAP”) requirements.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on knowledge and experience obtained during preparation process.
- Ensure adherence to the financial statements production calendar.
Coordinate distribution of financial statements:
- Assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations.
- Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from external (and internal) parties.
- Ensure the timely research, resolution and processing of comments.
- Test new Financial Reporting applications and financial statement templates.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Suggest process improvements (enhanced automation, etc.).
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in accounting/finance required
- Accounting designation enrollment is an asset
- Knowledge of preparation of financial statements (IFRS and US GAAP) is an asset
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word)
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Overtime may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.