Specialist - Global Accounting & Analytics
Global Business Service Centre, Global Finance
Purpose of the role
The role is to carryout Accounting/Analytics activities including close process with minimal or no guidance.
- Responsible for delivery day-to-day operations.
- Subject matter expert in role
- Support/ participate in accounting, reporting and tax initiatives
- Process: Responsible for preparing reports and/or financial statements such as trends, account reconciliations, schedules, allocation set-up/validation etc.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance to IHG financial policies and guidelines
- Efficiency: Identify and implement quick process improvements
- Assistant Manager/Team Leader – Global Accounting and Analytics
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
- Direct: NA
- Indirect: NA
- Financial Statement stakeholders
Key Internal Relationships –
- Financial Reporting
- COE and FP&A
- Global Technology
- Management Information Delivery
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (B.com only) + ACCA student/ affiliate
- 4+ years progressive work-related experience in accounting and finance.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication both verbal and written.
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Principles / concepts and the ability to apply them on day to day basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of PeopleSoft/Essbase or other enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights)
- Independently deliver on day to day basis
- Implement quick process improvements
- Super user/ UAT expert/ Key technical support in initiatives/projects
- GBSC delivery
- System teams-GT/MID